This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Nomad Press. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website (nomadpress.net). It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
What personal information does Nomad Press collect and how does Nomad Press use that information?
We collect non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our website in a number of ways, including tracking visitors’ activities through their IP address, computer settings, or most-recently visited URL. We may also ask visitors to provide certain non-personally identifiable information about themselves. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us, by, for example, filling out a survey or registration form. The types of information that may be requested include your e-mail address, your age, profession, and so on.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features on our site.
Nomad Press uses your information in the following ways:
- To fulfil a contract with or a request from you. For example:
- Fulfilling orders via the third-party distribution company
- Handling credit-card information provided through Nomad Press’s websites using PCI-compliant payment services
- To operate the business and pursue legitimate commercial interests:
- Informing you about Nomad Press products and services by mail, email, and phone in accordance with your marketing preferences and law relating to direct marketing
- Undertaking targeted advertising for other Nomad Press products and services that Nomad Press believes may be of interest to you, based on the products you use and purchase from the Nomad Press website
- Providing you with different content within a product or service, e.g. where Nomad Press adds content to a subscription product
- Analyzing how you purchase and use Nomad Press products so Nomad Press can develop future products and services, including through the use of surveys
- Ensuring the security of Nomad Press’s website and protecting Nomad Press’s rights
- Nomad Press may disclose user information in special cases when it has reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Nomad Press’s rights or property or other users of the website, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. Nomad Press may use or disclose user information to address violations or possible violations of the Terms and Conditions of use of the website. Nomad Press may disclose user information when it believes in good faith that the law requires the disclosure.
Nomad Press may share aggregate information about our users with business partners and other third parties. For example, Nomad Press may disclose that the website audience comes x percent from east of the Mississippi River and y percent from west of the Mississippi River.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given below.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.